When I was on the dating scene, there were a few occasions (ok fine, many occasions!) when I didn’t know what to talk about on my dates. I’d run into a wall. The conversation would dry out after the pleasantries because the introvert in me wouldn’t know what to talk about.
That’s when I discovered the power of asking questions – the right questions – open ended questions!
Here’s a list of 20 questions that I found helpful in my relationships. Since I’ve been married for the last 4+ years, I have learned a lot about asking questions and updated this list of questions (I removed the surface level questions from this list):
List of Questions:
- How do you feel about children? What was your childhood like? What is your model of raising a child?
- How many relationships have you been in? What is your dating and sexual history?
- How long was your longest relationship? Why did it end?
- What do you enjoy doing during your free time?
- Do you believe in planning for the future or living in the moment?
- What are your thoughts about money? Where does it rank on your priorities? Do you think money can buy happiness?
- What do you want in life? What is your dream job? What is the one thing that you want to accomplish in your life?
- What are you most proud of (besides getting a virtual date with me)? What are you afraid of?
- What do you think about the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic? Have you been infected? What do you think about social distancing, mask use, and other measures?
- What do you think about other races, ethnicities, genders, and other lifestyles? Where do you stand on important social issues like women’s rights, LGBTQ?
- What is the one thing you have always wanted to do and why haven’t you done it till now?
- What is one thing that you are super passionate about?
- Do you have a favorite quote, saying or motto? What is it?
- What are your thoughts on sustainable living? Minimalism?
- What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you?
- What is one important lesson you have learned in life so far?
- What are the things that you hate about yourself?
- What is your definition of happiness and success?
- What do you do differently than most people?
- What is the one thing that someone you loved could do to you that you would find unforgivable?
Are you single and interested in building a long-lasting relationship? Join us in our monthly Virtual Singles Mixer that has been attended by 500 people thus far and has seen several success stories. These sessions are not your typical speed dating with forced and awkward conversations. We play games, we ask questions, we break out in smaller groups of 4 – 8 people and through having fun, you’ll meet other singles in your age group.
Check out our upcoming events below: